Fellowship Member Requirements
One can take the written test at any time and schedule for their slide presentation slot. Generally the slide presentations will be evaluated by the Certification Committee members via Skype and/ or teleconference throughout the year, as determined by the Committee and according to demand.
Advanced written test:
- Applies for and passes an open book,multiple choice, written exam with 100% as the passing standard. The test may be taken over until a complete pass is achieved.
- The exam is designed to challenge the applicants understanding and skills in both theory and proper application.
Slide/Photo presentation requirements from each Doctor:
- 2 cases of a class V start to finish.***. (Class V restorations would only require steps C,D,E,G,I. )
- 3 cases of GME start to finish.***
- 3 Endo restored teeth with ribbond start to finish.***
- 3 indirect restorations. Start to finish.***. (This might already be shown in steps 2’,3’,5’, which is acceptable)
- 3 cases of deep decay. With ribbond (Almost hopeless VITAL TOOTH/TEETH cases). Start to finish.***
The above cases must show proficiency with cusp replacement, usage of ribbond, caries end point protocols,management of cracks into dentin, proper adhesion and IDS , biobase creation and occlusion. Showing the art and science of performing a minimally invasive procedure with maximum seal and thus returning the patients tooth structure to closely mimic that of Mother Nature.
***By start to finish is meant the following steps shown with written and photographic evidence. The number of minimum slide guidelines are presented in the checklist below:
- A Brief description of each slide/ step should be included
- Class V restorations would only require steps C,D,E,G,I.
List title and category of the type of Biomimetic Restoration being presented.
- A. Pre-op photos + X-rays slide 1,2
- B. Check occlusion slide 3 or documented /photo preferred
And Check vitality( documented).
- C. Isolation technique. Preferably Rubber Dam. Pre-op isolated. Slide 4
- D. End point caries removal using caries indicator dye and showing the apparent difference of infected vs. affected dentin. Manage cracks into dentin as needed. Slides 5,6 or more.
- E. Air abrasion and IDS steps. Wait for 5 minutes for good polymerization. Showing the 1mm flowable lining of all dentin Slide 7.
- F. Biobase build up with or without ribbond. Showing small incremental steps and ribbond placement. Slides 8,9,10.
- G. Photo of Completion of restoration using direct/ indirect or semi direct systems. Showing the adhesive steps if an Indirect or semidirect restoration is used.
- Air abrasion
- Adhesion/cement or warmed composite. Slides 11,12 or more as needed.
- H. Post op Occlusion slide 13
- I. Post op X-rays Slide 14
- Please do not confuse our certification levels with the website listing packages!
- Website Listings packages are separate from one’s certification level.
- As a member one can pay the yearly dues to have a BASIC LISTING OR AN ADVANCED LISTING PACKAGE. One can see on the ABD website the benefits each of these listing PACKAGES provides.
Once certified by the Board the Doctor may promote and post their new Fellow Membership level status, FABD on the website and any other marketing vehicle.
This level is Granted for 1 year. It may be renewed and posted as current by attending the annual meeting and keeping their listing membership dues current. Otherwise, they will be relegated to Inactive certification status.
At this time the ABD recognizes If you’ve attended the following:
- ADC( ALLEMAN DELIPERI COURSES
- MATT NEJAD AND DAVE ALLEMAN
- PASCAL MAGNE COURSES
- RAY BERTOLOTTI COURSES
- OR OTHERS TEACHING BMD AS RECOMMENDED BY ABD
Therefore, one may use any combination of these courses TOWARD YOUR FELLOWSHIP. Once the required 28 additional CE hours are reached and you have been an Accredited member for 2 or more years one can submit for their Fellowship certification packet.
Side note: clarification of ABD Instructors.
All other instructors ideally should be Fellows if they wish to teach and be recommended by the ABD.
FURTHER THE ABD CAN LIST THEIR COURSES AND PUT THAT ON OUR WEBSITE AS APPROVED BY THE BOARD.
We may also select various lecturers to our ABD meetings who are not fellows in the ABD at our discretion if it parallels our biomimetic standards.
GRANDFATHER CLAUSE: (expires annual meeting 2022).
For those members who have been involved with BMD and the ABD For many years, you can apply to take your Accreditation test and once passed apply for your fellowship. In other words if you have met the fellowship pre-requisites and have been involved with your membership for the required years you may fast track toward your Fellowship Status.
***********All exams,testing and certification protocols subject to change as our group evolves!!
Sign The Pledge
You need to have a Basic or Advanced membership in order to sign the pledge.
If you are not a member:
- Please click here to register for a Basic or Advanced membership.